Friday, December 12, 2008

Common sense, good sense, no sense whatsoever

As I listen to people going on about their online life dilemma's, I just have to shake my head and well, feel sorry for them, I guess. What I'd like to know is, when was it declared that the people you meet and become aquainted with on the internet are supposed to have, or supposed to be trustworthy people? I mean, when you think of this logically, you only half trust the people you meet in real life, face to face, and would hardly call 'everyone' your friend. Yet online, the rules change so dramatically. Not only are you willing to give strangers trust, you are willing to give them money, let them run your life, let them RUIN your life, then....just sit back and wonder why it happens.



If it weren't for the fact that the people who do get burned get genuinely hurt and become emotional wrecks, I would remind them...point out to them...the haphazard care they took "In Themselves", when they entrusted these online, trustworthy *smirk* people to their lives. But there is little point in that once they are hurting and looking for help, or at the very least a little sympathy. But it still amazes me that people take such poor care of their own well-being, and are so very, very quick to blame other people for NOT taking care of their well-being. There is just no sense in any of it.

I have been accused of 'not having an offline perspective'. I am quite adept with my offline perspective, thank you very much! I am sincerely beginning to think it's not me that has a problem with that. The problem is with people not having the good sense to think about what they are doing. It is those people who have lost perspective on things. They have lost themselves to the comfort of the internet, the comfort of believing what they want to hear, and the logical sense of reality vs unreality. And when it all comes tumbling down on them...when their bad decisions lead to the turmoil they placed themselves into, then they cry foul and boo, when, in my opinion, they are a big, big part of the problem. They are the enablers of the scammers and preditors online. Then they want everyone to understand their position.

To tell them all this makes one seem heartless and non-caring. Yet, to warn these people about what they are doing before they actually do it, is seen as butting into their business and telling them things that (they swear at the time) they have a handle on. The solution?? I doubt there is one. As long as people confuse the perspectives of online life and offline life, these problems will always be there.

Now...I've said it. Albiet, just to myself, and have hurt no ones feelings in the interim, but I feel better. :)

No comments: